ICAEW Women in techICAEW have signed the Tech She Can charter.
At ICAEW we support economic development and prosperity for future generations. We recognise that ICAEW Chartered Accountants working closely with or directly in the technology sector are in a unique position to help create a brighter future for women and girls in this area. We think this is one of the key areas of corporate responsibility today.
What is ICAEW doing?
We want to showcase and celebrate women across our entire community of chartered accountants working in technology.
- We have launched a social media campaign to celebrate staff, chartered accountants and influencers in technology roles – follow us on #icaewWIT and #techshecan
- We’re creating a chatbot to help women and girls find their relatable role models – people who they share similar skills with - to learn about the diverse journeys people take on their tech career path.
- We’re having a technology open day - an exciting event to inspire women and girls, helping them to find out more about the variety and breadth of tech roles they can choose from.
- We’re creating a vlog series – showcasing inspiring tech women talking about the barriers they’ve broken through to get where they are today.
We want you to get involved and tell us what you think.
Women in tech are outnumbered by four to one
Statistics from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show only 19% of the digital technology workforce are female. Research shows that schoolgirls and female university students don’t even consider a role in tech when looking at their careers. PwC have researched this area extensively and the results consistently highlight:
- a lack of female role models, reinforcing the perception that a technology career isn’t for them;
- girls aren’t given enough information at school about what working in technology involves;
- no-one is suggesting a career in technology as an option to young women.
ICAEW women in tech role profilesICAEW women in technology.
With almost 40% of internal technology roles at ICAEW being held by women, read their profiles and find out what they love about working in tech.