Hiscox Renovation and Extension Insurance
Carrying out a renovation or extension on your home? With some insurers, a renovation or extension on your home may reduce the protection of your current home insurance policy or invalidate it completely, leaving your biggest asset potentially uninsured.
Renovation and Extension Insurance
If you plan to carry out building works on your home, it’s worth considering Hiscox Renovation and Extension Insurance.
Hiscox offer market-leading protection that gives you complete confidence that your buildings, contents and materials are fully covered if anything goes wrong. If the unexpected happens - a collapsed wall, a serious fire or theft – you need to know that your insurance policy will cover the costs. Hiscox Home Insurance includes cover for renovation and extension projects up to £75,000 as standard, protecting your existing home, new structure, materials and liabilities. For projects over £75,000 Hiscox Renovation and Extension Insurance can be added to a new, or existing, Hiscox Home Insurance policy.
The cover is available for Hiscox Home Insurance policy holders and can be added to your policy for a set time period and once your works are complete, the extra cover will be removed and your home insurance policy continues uninterrupted.
What kind of risks and costs does Renovation and Extension Insurance cover?
- The existing structure – your home remains fully insured against damage and loss.
- Your possessions – the items in your home or temporarily in storage because of the works.
- Alternative accommodation – if your property becomes uninhabitable due to loss or damage from the building works.
- Building materials and equipment – those that are on-site but not yet fitted to the property e.g. kitchen units.
- Works in progress – the sections of the property that are still under construction.
- Public liability – if an accident happens as a result of your building work - for example, a roof tile falling and hitting a passer-by – then you're covered.
Contact Hiscox today and ensure your building works are covered.
**Defaqto is an independent financial research company, who rate products from 1 to 5 depending on the level of quality and comprehensiveness of the features and benefits it offers.