ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.

HKICPA members - join ICAEW

As a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA), you may be able to join ICAEW through our reciprocal membership agreement. Alternatively, you may be able to join ICAEW based on your experience through the Pathways to Membership route. You can also apply for a practising certificate and gain audit rights in the UK with our Audit Qualification.

Join us as a HKICPA Qualification Programme (QP) Graduate 

ICAEW and HKICPA have a reciprocal membership agreement (RMA) that was signed in 2007 and renewed in 2014, which specifically applies to HKICPA QP graduates. 

If you are a HKICPA QP graduate you may be eligible to apply for ICAEW membership without further examination. 

You will need to: 

  • have completed the HKICPA Qualification Programme and met HKICPA practical experience requirements; or 
  • as a CICPA member, have completed the Qualification Programme except for the part exempted under the Agreement on Mutual Examination Paper Exemptions for Mainland and Hong Kong Accountants signed on 27 August 2004, and have met HKICPA practical experience and graduate entry requirements; or 
  • have gained membership of HKICPA via another route and have passed one module and the final examination of the Qualification Programme.

Join us through Pathways to Membership

If you are a fully qualified HKICPA member with at least five years’ full membership, you may be eligible to join ICAEW based on your experience. This is our Pathways to Membership route.

Practising certificate

If you intend to practise in the UK or EC you must apply for a practising certificate. You may only practice as an ICAEW member if you have been a member of HKICPA for at least two years.

Audit rights

ICAEW membership does not automatically grant you audit rights in the UK, so if you intend to work in audit during your career, then we recommend that you apply for the Audit Qualification (AQ) when joining us.