Making a Pathways application submission
Thank you for your interest in Pathways.
If you meet the full eligibility criteria and plan to submit a Pathways application, this page provides access to the Examination questions and all the relevant forms and guidance. You can also submit your application from this page.
Please ensure you are aware of deadline dates as late or incomplete entries cannot be processed. You need to submit your completed application no later than 4pm (UK time) on the submission deadline day.
There is a non-refundable exam administration fee of £260 GB sterling to pay every time you submit an application and Examination of Experience.
Please ensure you download and save to your desktop the application documents on this page.
We strongly advise all eligible candidate to make full use of the examiner guidance notes and all other guidance documents. They are all designed to help you achieve success. Candidates who make full use of these items tend to perform better at their Examination of Experience.
Submitting your application – your checklist
- You will need to submit all your relevant documents in one go. The online exam system does not allow you to attach some documents and come back at a later time to complete your application. All documents need to be submitted at the same time.
- You need to submit your completed application no later than 4pm (GMT) on the submission deadline day. Late or incomplete entries will not be processed. Your completed application will need to include:
- The Examination of Experience – following the required template format (shown above).
- A letter of good standing from your professional body – to be issued and dated within the last three months before the deadline you are submitting at – to confirm your membership AND that you have a good disciplinary record AND the date you were admitted to membership as a fully qualified member AND that your membership has been gained by the normal education and training route AND that you are compliant with the continuing professional development (CPD) requirements of that professional body AND that your professional body knows of no ethical or other reason why you may not be admitted to ICAEW.
- Signed Sponsor Form – see above.
- Sponsor letter of good standing – A letter of good standing from the relevant IFAC member professional body that entitles your sponsor to serve as sponsor – to be issued and dated within the last three months before the deadline you are submitting at. This letter needs to confirm their membership of that body AND that they have a good disciplinary record AND that their membership has been gained by the normal education and training route AND that they are compliant with the continuing professional development (CPD) requirements of that professional body. (Please note that if your sponsor is an ICAEW member, they do not need to provide a letter of good standing as we will be able to check the relevant details on their member record).
- Any other relevant documents.
- Payment of £260 for your Examination attempt – this is done online as part of the Examination submission process. The fee is payable at each attempt and is non-refundable in all circumstances.