Worcestershire Group of Chartered Accountants
Our primary aim is to provide support for local Chartered Accountants.
This support is offered in the following ways:
- The group organises a lecture programme to help local firms or individuals to meet their CPD requirements.
- We also organise a fantastic Annual Dinner each year hosted by Chartered Accountants and attended by over 150 local professionals and businesses. As part of this, we also designate a charity each year for which we donate money raised at the event.
- We assist with organising the annual BASE event to introduce Chartered Accountancy as a career option to local schools and colleges.
- We organise Young Accountant events to engage trainees and newly-qualified accountants, and to help them create a tight knit community for the future of our local firms.
- The group also organises an annual Christmas Dinner event, which has traditionally been attended by the more senior local accountants and is seen as a key date to catch up with old friends.
We are a member of the Birmingham & West Midlands Society of Chartered Accountants.
Group members will receive updates on the events including any changes to the arrangements or ticket news.
- Chairman – Ben Powell (Ballard Dale Syree Watson LLP)
- Secretary – John Painter (CB, Chartered Accountants)
- Treasurer – Rebecca Vickers (Ballard Dale Syree Watson LLP)
- Lecture Secretary – Khuram Javed (DKR Chartered Accountants)
- Committee Members: C Adams, I Richards, J Carslake, C Hordern, B Ballard, H Drew, P Redgate, R Prince, K Simmonds, C Stokes
The committee meet approximately 4 times per year to discuss achieving our aim and providing an update on our events, please do not hesitate to contact us to find details of the next meeting.
We also are dependent on sponsors to help fund our events, if you are interested in reaching a wide community of Chartered Accountants and Professionals, then please contact our Chairman by email: email@example.com.