Terms and conditions
Below are the terms and conditions for entering our competition to represent ICAEW at One Young World's 2019 Summit.
How to participate1.1 In order to enter this competition, you must be an ICAEW member or current ACA student and ideally aged 18 - 35 at the time of attending the Summit. Please note that most of the delegates who attend the event are aged between 18 and 30 but ICAEW are extending our upper age guidelines to 35. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative and willingness to engage. They cannot accept applications from those aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
1.2 The competition is free to enter and entries must be received by midnight (GMT+1) on 19 May 2019. No purchase necessary.
1.3 All entries must include your name, email address, location, telephone number and age.
1.4 Entrants must be able to attend the One Young Summit in London from 22 – 25 October 2019
1.5 You may only submit one entry to this competition.
1.6 To enter you must produce a pitch in one of the following formats :
- an article/blog of no more than 500 words;
- a video/vlog of no more than five minutes; or
- an infographic.
1.7 Your pitch should focus on one of the five One Young World 2019 plenary session themes and how chartered accountants and the profession can contribute to these.
- Education: Does the future of learning need to be reimagined?
- Planetary Health: How is climate change endangering our health?
- Media Freedom: How can we protect the truth?
- Poverty Alleviation: Can innovation solve economic inequality?
- Peaceful Future: In a polarised world, how can we build peace?
1.8 Your pitch should be published and shared on a social media platform of your choice and must include the hashtag #CharteredStar.
1.9 The final step to complete your entry is to send a link to your published content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start dateThis competition will start on Tuesday 2 April 2019.
Closing dateThe closing date for this competition will be Sunday 19 May 2019
Selection of the winner4.1 All entries correctly submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will be judged by an independent panel of judges appointed by ICAEW. The judges will assess each entry on 22 May 2019. The decision of the judging panel is final. Full names of the Judges can be provided on request.
4.2 If a winner declines the prize or breaches the terms of entry ICAEW may, in its absolute discretion, ask the panel to select an alternative winner.
4.3 You acknowledge that you may be required to be used in publicity if you are selected as a winner.
Prize5.1 The prize package is as follows:
- Funded delegate place at the One Young World Summit in London on 22 – 25 October 2019. The OYW ticket price (£3,915) includes entry to the summit, airport/ hotel transfers, full catering during the summit and accommodation for the duration of the summit
- ICAEW will also cover your travel costs from your normal location (included in your application), dinner on 21 October 2019 and other reasonable expenses which must be authorised by ICAEW before being incurred
5.2 There is no alternative prize. No cash alternatives
5.3 The prize is non-transferable.
Restrictions and requirements6.1 Please note the following restrictions and requirements apply:
- Entrants should be ideally aged 35 or under at the 31 December 2019
- Entrants must have permission from their employer to enter this competition
- Entrants will require access to the internet
- Employees of ICAEW are ineligible to enter this promotion.
Notification of the results and receipt of the prize (or prizes)7.1 ICAEW will notify the winner by e-mail OR telephone on or before 13 June 2019.
General8.1 The names of the winners will be published at www.icaew.com/charteredstar for one month after the closing date.
8.2 If you do not want your name included on the website referred to above, you must notify ICAEW within a reasonable period of time before the closing date of the competition.
8.3 Once you have submitted an entry, you acknowledge that the copyright in your entry will be owned by ICAEW.
8.4 Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit ICAEW’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
8.5 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.