Winners announced for the 2018 West Midlands Finance Awards
The 2018 West Midlands Finance Awards took place on 15 November at the Birmingham ICC, drawing in 500 professionals from the local business community.
The West Midlands Finance Awards recognises the outstanding achievements of businesses and individuals within the region's finance community following on from the 2016, 2017 and 2018 events, which were attended by over 500 finance professionals.
Sophie Dale-Black, ICAEW Regional Director Midlands comments:
“We are delighted to be associated with the West Midlands Finance Awards for the third year. The Awards dinner is a chance for us to celebrate the outstanding work done by finance professionals in the region and promote the contribution they make to the economic and business landscape of the region.
I was particularly pleased to present the Finance Director of the Year Award to Andrew Parris of Tarmac, who is one of our members.
Paul Faulkner, CEO - Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce comments:
“This awards ceremony comes at an important time for the region, as it starts to really showcase itself as a financial hub. More and more we are seeing the relocation into Birmingham of primary (and secondary) offices for international banks and corporations – who have rightly now turned their attention onto the talent that already exists within our region.”
All applications were judged by a panel of business leaders from the region, as well as representatives from Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce, ICAEW, RSM and Robert Walters.
West Midlands Finance Awards 2018 winners:
- Finance Director - Andrew Parris, Tarmac
- Rising Star of the Year (Non/Part- Qual) - Jayne Crathorne, Birmingham City University
- Rising Star of the Year (Qual) - Chelsey Joanne Bird, Tergbeg RosRoca
- Finance Team of the Year (over 20) - McDonalds
- Finance Team of the Year (20 people or less) - Rehability
- Not for Profit Finance Team of the Year - Millennium Point
- Shared Service Centre of the Year - Jury’s Inn
- Excellence in Diversity - Mondelez
- Business Innovation - Student Roost